McCormick: Exposed Wiring

There is exposed wiring within McCormick that has been labeled unsafe.

The wiring that is pictured in their photos is carrying low-voltage computer network and telephone signals.  The schools are inspected regularly by their insurance carrier to ensure a safe environment for students, staff, and visitors.  They would not allow exposed electrical wiring that would pose a danger to the inhabitants.

There could also be an argument made that if this wiring were carrying typical electricity (110 volts or higher) then the administration was acting improperly.  The administrators have a fiduciary duty to the district's stakeholders to protect against unnecessary liability.  If they knew about this problem and did not rectify it immediately, then they along with the school board are liable for any damages or injuries caused by this exposed wiring.  I don't believe that any of our administrators actually did that or that they would ever consider such a thing.  If they didn't, then is this just a scare tactic?

 

 


Disclaimer:This site is not affiliated with the Village of Wellington, Wellington Exempted Village School District, or Citizens for Wellington Schools.  This site is privately owned and maintained and all expenses are paid for out of my own pocket.  This portion of the website was created to bring all pertinent information to one place, because when I did my own research on the subject I found that the information being published is sometimes incomplete or incorrect.  I have been careful to verify as much of my information as possible.  The sources of my data can be found within the links on the Resources page.